Thursday 15 May 2008

“Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”


Mickey, bugs and telly - lots of telly...


My Daughter's flown off to Florida for a couple of weeks.

I noticed the Changing room at work has cockroach traps scattered all about!

I've been listening to a lot less music recently, and watching more TV, since there are so many good shows at the moment, and I need some escapism (you dolt!)
I'm finding particular comfort in some old favourites, this weeks House MD (House's Head) was especially entertaining. Battlestar Galactica (Season 4 - still probably the best show on TV at the moment) is going through a sombre and introspective phase at the (hopefully foreshadowing lots of kick ass action), and I'm also engrossed by Season 2 of "Dexter", Michael C Hall is a brilliant Actor (although unfortunately the second season pales in comparison to the first).

And I finally got around to watching "Pushing Daisies" and although I like it , a lot, it is trying just a little bit too hard (actually a lot) to be quirky and individual, whereas it is blatantly "inspired" by Amelie, and Jim Dales voice overs are beginning to grate(sometimes less is more). Lots of dialogue said quickly seems to be masquerading as wit, but overall it passes muster. Of course I mustn't forget "Lost" which is having a bit of a renaissance at the moment, I think the shortened season means that more plot is being packed into each show - now with added plot!



Hang on - I didn't mean this post to turn into a TV roundup. (well it has - so there!)


What worries you, masters you.” - John Locke (no not that one!)

No comments: