Thursday 17 December 2009

"I tell you what is close to my heart at the moment. My left lung."

So I went to the record shop and I said “What have you got by The Doors?” He said: “A bucket of sand and a fire blanket!”

Me again, yes so soon. I was just feeling a bit lonely.
I do feel better today. Part of me was sincerely hoping I'd be too ill to go out tomorrow night. Objectively I really should go, I'm only one step away from being a total shut in. It's only a matter of time before one of my neighbours is describing me as 'a quiet guy , who kept himself to himself'. (which reminds me , I should get a good headshot taken to appear behind the newsreader).

I finally signed up for facebook. I've invited no one to be a friend (see a pattern?) In all honesty I did invite Billie, but more out of politeness.
I think I'll just have a nose about for a day or two and then delete the account.

In more mundane matters, I'm dreading my heating bill! (who isn't).

Didn't watch any movies tonight, but this week I finally completed my 'Brittas Empire' box set (phew!), and really enjoyed 'A very long engagement' (the movie you fool) plus more 'McMillan and Wife' 'Pretty in Pink' and 'The 39 Steps' (Hitchcock version) for the umpteenth time. I have around 30 of his movies, but keep revisiting the same few (my top two movies are by Hitchcock - any guesses).

Best of all was the 'season finale' of Dexter. never have I squirmed so much, and simultaneously dreaded/desired an hour of TV. (ie it was very good).

I've bought three copies of Rage Against The Machines 'killing in the name of' (for a total of £1.50), just for the fun of seeing such a incongruous song at number 1, I was just a wee lad when it was originally released.
Back then Christmas number ones were hotly debated and you simply couldn't miss TOTP on Christmas days (oh no, I'm getting all mawkish again - goodnight)




A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only Clingfilm for shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts." - Tommy Cooper or is it Tim Vine?























No comments: