Thursday 17 December 2009

“I'm on a whisky diet. I've lost three days already!”
- Tommy Cooper

"Helllooooo Nurse!!"

bleurgh....

I am unwell. (but in a typical Manly way)

Circumstances dictate that I only see Billie once this week, sadly, very sadly.

It's my one night out of the year on Friday , yes it's the ward Christmas night out. I couldn't be less interested. No chance of meeting anyone (although to be completely honest I don't want too) as it's just work colleagues, bland food and overpriced drinks (plus bland entertainment and to boot in the local football auditorium!!) It's bound to be a blast! (by which I mean a washout).

I really wish I had even the vaguest twinge of a Christmassy feeling, but alas I haven't (nor do I recall the last time I did, I suspect around 1997). The only way I can even recall the feeling is harking back to the early 70s when Christmas meant Woolworth's adverts on TV, and circling shows in the Radio and TV Times (only available separately and the only time I ever saw them) and then usually missing them.

Something has to change.


Compare and contrast...





“So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me "Can you give me a lift?" I said "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it.'” - Tommy Cooper





No comments: