Wednesday 10 September 2008

“The first half of life is spent in longing for the second - the second half in regretting the first”



"Tired like the beggar with the cold inside his bones

Looking for the pleasure that he knew was so far gone
So far gone
I took a turn to myself
And I was surprised, cause I saw everyone who ever I had loved
I felt a whole lot better after that"

Well that's a relief, sort of.
My Sickness interview was, like most worries, not as bad as I had expected. My "accidental" (ahem) insulting of a colleague had, thankfully, gone unheard, and that other problem at work, that I can't really discuss, turned out to be nothing! Silly me!

[In a much more serious tone, I really, really miss Barbara, but, of course, I have no one to blame but myself for that. You don't get too many chances like that in life, or meet many Women as genuinely wonderful as her, something I realised far too late! This comment seems out of place in my throwaway blog, but I want to remember how much of my thoughts were dominated by her, even after the months since I last heard from her]

and in totally superfluous news, I watched the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" (silly name) Season Two opener. I had only watched the first Season, when I read that Shirley Manson would be in the second (fancy!). I was expecting her to be terrible as she has never acted before, let me say I was only partially correct. In some scenes (which I assume were shot first) she was very nervous and shaky. However the (spoiler!) revelation that she is in fact a T-1000, sort of partially explained away the stilted acting. In perhaps the most unlikely scene I've seen in a long while , I witnessed Shirley Manson morphing from a urinal into herself and "spiking" an irritating throwaway character through the head. (Yes a urinal! complete with dreadful "Arnold" style pun)


“For the majority of us, the past is a regret, the future an experiment” - Mark Twain




No comments: