Monday 29 September 2008

“I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.”

"In a manner of speaking
Semantics won't do

In this life that we live
We only make do"

Last night I went to bed early which for me, as I'm sure you know, is very atypical. It was cold , I felt a little under the weather, I was actually tired from a quite busy Sunday tending to the sick, plus I was struck by a dreadful immobilising funk.
Sadly Barbaras energising influence on me is long gone, she really could keep me feeling good, not only about myself but pretty much everything.
I'd hoped that I would awaken today with a new perspective, and renewed optimism! What do you think?
I'm actually on holiday too, but I think I enjoy looking forward to it almost as much as taking it (or should that be wasting it?) tangentially I cannot believe the drop in temperature just over the past 24 hours, it's only 17 degrees in here at the moment, it was only a week ago that it was 21 !

Look at me, how cliched can you get - the world sees the English as obsessing over the weather and feeling miserable - Join our club!




Why be prejudiced against anyone because of their race or nationality or creed... when there're so many real reasons to hate others? - Emo Philips






No comments: