Monday 19 January 2009

"Gonnae no dae that?"

"And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave ,
To the dark and the empty skies"


That last post was written in a dark place (both literally and figuratively).
I feel a little better today, but I have had a glass of wine (!) , last time I was completely sober. My mood is something akin to a bouncing ball. Each bounce is a little smaller than the last, until there is no bounce left.
It has been so cold, wet and windy of late. But it's bloody Winter I here you say! and of course you are right. The start of the year seems like looking up a long incline, with December at the top. Like Sisyphus, I move my burden to the top , only for it to fall back to the start (i.e. next January). I am in a low mood ain't I? Sadly I can't think of a single thing coming up to break this monotony, no holidays, no nights out , nowt.

In a slightly more upbeat note - I watched all 12 episodes of "Dear Green Place" last week. An excellent BBC Scotland park based sitcom, from the folk that brought you "still game". It is funny and you end up caring for the characters.
A thought occurs to me , I must return to Glasgow for a wee trip later in the year. (and by 'wee' I mean small of course)

That's plenty.





“At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all.”








No comments: