Wednesday 21 January 2009

"It's been a long, a long time coming"

I watched The Obama Inauguration, and for the first time in a while felt a surge of hope and optimism.
Time will tell , but I have (or rather want to have) a good feeling about this fella...




The speech was wonderfully structured, intelligent and business like, but the tone implied he means to get to work , and soon!
It may have lacked the single quotable soundbite, but the section about the racism of sixty years ago brought tears to my eyes
(but for totally different reasons from usual!).


“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still” - Lao Tzu

1 comment:

aubrey said...

I watched this whilst at work today. I thought his speech was quite good and professional as you said.

I especially loved the preacher at the end's speech. It moved me and was light hearted but maintained a seriousness.

I can say that for the first time in my adult life I do not feel so bad about being an American. It's really great to know that this means so much to everyone around the world.