Monday 12 January 2009

“Nothing cures insomnia like the realisation that it's time to get up”

"My belly released the stars,
And tears between the scars"


I have a scar on my er, 'bum' , when I was 17 sliding down a riverbank near Keswick, an unseen (by me at least) sharp rock took a chunk out of me. I had blood sodden underpants that day ( a phrase I don't think I've ever used before, and hopefully will have no further use of.).
I have a scar on my chest from hot cheese falling off a pizza and burning me (careless and greedy see). I have a scar on my right knee from kneeling on a craft knife when decorating, another on my right hand from a grilling incident, and yet another on my left wrist from being hit by a linen trolley. Sadly the origins of this big one here (look) on my left palm are lost in the mists of time, although I'm sure it was quite mundane.

More importantly Billie is okay.





“If you're starting to look wrinkled, don't worry. It covers the scars.”



No comments: