Sunday 22 March 2009

“'Tis pity wine should be so deleterious, for tea and coffee leave us much more serious”
- Lord Byron

"When all you feel is the rain and it's hard to be vain
When no person looks at you
So just be gracious and wait in the queue
"

Well here's something new for you, today at work was very pleasant! Nice co-workers, good patients, all in all a very very nice day. Sadly this pleasantness, didn't spill over into 'after work'. My house was still empty and cold.
Typically, since I have a late start tomorrow, I am drinking a very nice bottle of Marks and Spencer's wine at the moment, which is taking the edge of my plight quite nicely thank you.
Potential often outweighs actuality. I wasted a good chunk of tonight nodding off in this very chair. So I may be making a reappearance here around 3am , if I can't sleep!

I called at my Mothers house yesterday. My heart sank when I saw that she and my Brother weren't there, only my Dad. I don't want to imply that I dislike him, as I don't, but I knew I would either be ignored or some conflict would ensue. I got both, first he said I couldn't have a second cup of tea, because of a 'world shortage', and then he left the house leaving me all alone. It's good to be so close, isn't it?.
Nothing will ever change, because sadly I am not living in a TV movie (where such last minute reconciliations are common, I believe), but some dull, dull version of real life.





“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then” - Lewis Carroll


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Potential often outweighs actuality

That's just genius, Billy - period.