Friday 21 August 2009

“The heart will break, but broken live on.”
- Lord Byron

"And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die"



Another exciting day in the life of Billy Hopkinson comes to an end.

I called in at my Mams yesterday, and, heaven forbid, only my Dad was there.
I sat there for almost an hour and he didn't say hello, or in fact anything, not even any eye contact or a slight nod in my direction.
I got up and left without a word, what a relationship eh?

In stark contrast when I called Billie at her Grandmothers, the sounds of 'normal' bustling family life in the background, were actually jarring to me, I'm simply not used to that. I've been here for four years now and can count on my thumbs alone, the number of family visits I've had (and that's assuming I had some terribly traumatic thumb amputations, which I haven't , but go with it okay?).
Am I really that difficult to get along with? or do I have an extremely indifferent family? I suspect both.
Remember that hour or so of DIY my brother started eight weeks ago? well he still hasn't been back to finish off. I rest my case.

I'm doomed to live out the rest of my days (however long that might be) alone! do I care? I'm not so sure anymore!



Self pity over...




“There's not a joy the world can give like that it takes away”




No comments: