Monday 31 August 2009

“Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them”

"The pretty nurse is selling poppies from the tray"

It's very late, or very early depending on if you are a glass empty/ glass full kind of a person. I start night shift later today, so I've engaged my usual (but seldom working) plan of staying up very late, so I can sleep in.

I could have actually went out last night! There was a wedding 'do' and I even had a lift there and back. In the end I decided against it. I could try and rationalise until the cows come home several times, but the bottom line is I'm now socially very lazy. Rubbish at meeting new people too.

Of course I haven't been able to find any holiday, and with the start only about 10 days away it looks like I'll be staying at home (again).

Now I just have these seven night shifts to get out of the way. I haven't mentioned how much I hate nights, well not in the past week anyway...

Did I mention I am a little drunk?(I'm six foot three). I feel like making an embarrassing phone call... (embarrassing to me at least!)




“The error of one moment becomes the sorrow of a whole life” - Chinese Proverb


No comments: