Tuesday 18 August 2009

“Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's memory is sorrow still”

"When we two parted
In silence and tears,
Half broken-hearted,
To sever for years"


I must admit I am losing interest in this so called blog. At first I loved prattling on about 'stuff', but now it is becoming, well, a chore.
Why? well, there are only so many ways to say 'I'm depressed and lonely' and to be absolutely frank my life is very dull and bereft of amusing anecdotes. Furthermore , I'm far from a great thinker or wit, so even my internal monologues are of no consequence on 'paper'.

In the real world,I'm worried of late that Billie and I are drifting apart. She has no interest in doing anything together, and our 60 second daily phone calls, consist of me asking her a few questions , getting annoyed at her mono-syllabic answers and then saying goodnight. (Of course, I KNOW this is all normal behaviour for a 13 year old, but I fret, and want to be a good Dad). I haven't seen her for nearly a week, and she's off to her Grandmothers for a week. I miss her.
I miss a lot of things.

It's two in the morning, but I'm so stressed, I can't sleep. So here I am typing words that no one will ever read, and even the author isn't really that interested.

I'm off to watch the new series of 'Mad Men', that retro angst will make me feel a whole lot better I imagine (I'm being sarcastic, imagine).



She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes - Lord Byron (yes again)


No comments: