Sunday 9 August 2009

“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then”
- Lewis Carroll

"Lonely feelin' deep inside
Find a corner where I can hide
Silent footsteps crowdin' me
Sudden darkness, but I can see"


When ever I stumble across Barbara on last.fm, and i often do, there's usually a reaction. First, I have a second of delight as I recognise her avatar, then a nosediving heart.
To my amazement, even after all this time she still has a powerful effect on my emotions. Just a few nights ago I was musing over the top ten moments of my life, and to be honest she took about seven of the available places.
As I'm sure I have said before, eventually I will be over her , but I will miss this emotional baggage as it is my only connection with her.

I actually set out to type about some trivial work related matters, but came across Barbara as I checked my last.fm visitors. So inevitably ...

That's plenty, I feel very sad now.




"Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter"





No comments: