Wednesday 23 September 2009

“The day has eyes, the night has ears”

"There was a boy I used to be,
I guess that he was cold,
If she came to buy him now,
How cheaply he'd be sold"


Ugh - I feel dreadful tonight. I can't get to sleep, queasy tummy and , strangely, back pain.
I was supposed to go on a trip later today, to visit my sister, who has moved to Scarborough, and have a day trip to Whitby, strangely I've never been there and it's only about 50 miles from here. My point being, I don't think I'll go.

I was driving down a lane near the town centre today to park. It's a cobbled lane only wide enough for kerb parking and single file traffic. I was about two thirds down it and there were no spaces, but along comes a Woman in the opposite direction, and drives right up to my bumper. Politeness would suggest she reversed as I had gone the further distance, but she refused to budge. A stalemate of about 10 minutes later, me staring at her intently, was only broken when a car behind her pulled out. I then saw why she hadn't reversed out as she spent the next 5 minutes trying to reverse into the space. I laughed and laughed very theatrically (so she could see me) and then reversed all the way back down the lane (petty I know, but very satisfying). Now older readers may see a similarity with a Galton and Simpson comedy here, but this is what happened, I assure you.

I am going to try and sleep again, be seeing you, probably, I suppose. (To be honest I think I shall implode with boredom and loneliness, I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but some human company will be a nice change, holiday, schmoliday!




“Were it not for hope the heart would break.”
- Scottish proverb (and there will be many more!)



No comments: