Sunday 6 September 2009

“Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.”
- Oscar Wilde

Later that same day...

I know it's a cliche to talk about the weather.
However, it sort of fits in with my 'in a bad mood' vibe of late, both literally and figuratively.
Over the past week or two , what passed for the British Summer has ebbed away, and what can only be described as a chill has replaced it. It's not exactly cold yet, it's more like a signpost to the shivering and sniffles ahead. The change in temperature doesn't exactly help ones mood either. Being unhappy on a warm day, seems somehow more tolerable.
I am essentially a pensioner in training then, the dread of winter heating bills, second duvets, and an icy bathroom begins.
Listening to myself go on is depressing me, so I'm off for a couple of hours hibernation, before work.





“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde


No comments: