Monday 28 September 2009

"A guid tale's no the worse o bein twice told"

"When you're tired and little lonely,
And your heart has nowhere to head,
Think of me, I'll be thinking somewhere,
All of those things that you said"


The only way I can think of to make my life more eventful, would be to reverse time. At the moment there are plankton who have more going on.

Only a couple of days before I go back to work, in all I will have been off for nearly three weeks! three weeks, count 'em!
I've got that last day of the summer holidays feeling, from back when I had summer holidays, i.e. childhood. That last evening, in early September, where you felt like your life would end the next day, but obviously never did!
I didn't leave the house at all today, except to pick up Billie for her post school, pre-bath period she spends with me during school days (assuming I'm not at work, of course).

It's that time of year again when all my favourite (and strangely all American/Canadian) shows start. I'm especially looking forward to the new series (season?) of Dexter, but there's also House, Mad Men, and the Mentalist. I'm toying with the idea of NOT watching Season 9 of Smallville. It really jumped the shark a couple of years back, plus it reminds me of well, you know what. (edit - from the next day - I relented, it wasn't so bad, but I recognised that famous skytrain bridge)

I started watching Band of Brothers again (only this time on Blu Ray) and again was moved to shed a wee tear. The humility and humanity of the 'real' Men gets me every time. For a show full of death and violence, its very , well, human.

I'm rambling... see you later?

ps. I watched the Transformers sequel last night too. The first one was entertaining and disposable, this one was certainly disposable and very very long. How could a movie about damn big robots beating each other up, be so incredibly dull! No sequel please!



"Him that keeks throu a keyhole micht see what will vex him".


No comments: