Saturday 12 September 2009

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
- Dr Seuss

"Regrets, I've had a few..."

An absolutely beautiful and warm September day. I stayed in. I did nip out to take Billie home, she stayed last night, but on the whole I simply wanted to curl up in a ball.
I listened to the "new" Prefab Sprout album (actually it's 17 years old) and almost burst into tears. No not because it was a disappointment, but because it was (almost) perfect, nostalgic, optimistic and above all uplifting. For a few moments I was 25 again, with nothing but potential ahead. In fact I listened to it 3 times in a row, lovely liner notes from Paddy McAloon too.
I then read a whole slew of interviews with Mr.McAloon, all very illuminating, especially his thoughts on tinnitus (from which I of course suffer, but not quite so severely I imagine).
(The only thing that stopped the album from being perfect was a lack of Wendy Smith and Thomas Dolby, by the way).

So begins my fortnight off...



(one more thing, and sorry to seem like a monomaniac, but today I came across some video clips on my phone of Barbara, sadly only a few seconds long, and despite making me initially quite sad , she looked so happy in them it made me smile, a lot)

“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”

(apologies for reusing these Dr Seuss quotes)



No comments: