Thursday 28 January 2010

"Come with me if you want to live!"

"The windows of the world are covered with rain,
Where is the sunshine we once knew?"


Whilst looking at the computer at work for details of a new admission, I noticed my Dad was in A/E. I felt very calm about this to my surprise, but I feared the worst. Luckily it turned out that his problem was far from life threatening and He somehow wangled himself home rather than spending a night in hospital (as I and the Doctors in A/E would have preferred). Consequently he failed to receive important information and follow up treatment arrangements, all for the sake of a night of soap operas. I suspect this was somewhat down to embarrassment and his shying away from anything intimate and of a personal nature. But what do I know? it's only what I do for a living.
Now he's sitting at home, no District Nurse arranged, lacking in vital equipment, and no idea of follow up or prognosis. It all makes me a little angry, and my writing is shockingly bad tonight, but it was a very busy 13 hour shift today... I'm drifting...

(voice from the future - District Nurse was eventually arranged, all is well - for now...)

I've found a new equilibrium with Facebook. I don't comment on anyones pages, I don't do anything in fact, just change my status every couple of days. This gives me a wonderful chance to recycle some of my favourite quotes from these very pages.
I haven't actually invited anybody to be my friend (well all except one, and she sort of changed her mind). No one bothers me, I don't bother anyone, it's like a microcosm of the rest of my life really.

It's payday this week, the first since before Christmas. now I can start planning a holiday. I seriously considered southern Sweden, land of 'Wallander' but for the price of a short break , I could have a fortnight in the more touristy destinations (not that I want to), however the single person supplement is crippling. More likely then is the UK city break, I've never been to Wales, I could get the ferry to Northern Ireland, or I could go back to Scotland, there's my choices, I shall cogitate.


Tonight I'm almost overpowered by dreaded nostalgia!


Well I'm going to wait for something to happen to me ( a little voice tells me, 'get comfortable then')...




“The Beatles saved the world from boredom.” - George Harrison



No comments: