Wednesday 20 January 2010

“Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday”

"Party people
Party people
Can y'all get funky?"


I do so look forward to my days off. However my favourite part of the week is the transition between work and said days off, that evening when it all lies in front of you (no matter how dull and unfulfilled it may be). Potential is always exciting, even if that potential never fails to disappoint.

I got in last night after a very busy 13 hour shift. Being the keen observer I am I noticed that a huge picture had fallen of the wall by my dimly lit desk. I went to replace it and found it had fallen because it was warped from damp! Here we go again with the leaking roof, another £1000, I hope not (er - obviously!). How had I not noticed the rather expansive brown stain running along that wall, and down behind my toy (holding) shelves? (er, did I mention it's dimly lit?) Needless to say I did what I always do in a little crisis, went to bed and pulled the covers over me, it's the ostrich in me!
In a world in crisis, all it takes is a leaky roof o push yours truly into a deep dark huff.

I hope I have enough cash left to fix the roof, have a holiday and renovate my bathroom (the latter has been pending since I moved in , but enough is enough!)

I picked Billie up after school, which always makes me feel better. Nothing like a spontaneous hug from your lovely daughter to make you feel better eh? (smiles)

TV highlight - the first four (count 'em) episodes of season 8 of '24'. Still ludicrous, Jack's still a nutter, still fantastic...

(and welcome back to former Cylon, born in Sunderland, resident in Vancouver, former Stanley Kowalski, former Ray Vecchio, aka Callum Keith Rennie...)



“The damp of the night drives deeper into my soul.” - Walt Whitman




(dilemma - do I re-request Andrea as a Facebook friend? - something tells me no...)

No comments: