Wednesday 13 August 2008

“Come, woo me, woo me; for now I am in a holiday humor, and like enough to consent”

"Here's a man, his own tragic mirror
capable of such crimes he is scared
to look at himself too long at a time."


What am I doing here? No not another existential crisis (well not this time), I was supposed to be at work tonight, but I unexpectedly got the chance for a holiday, and in an hardly surprising move, took that opportunity and ran...

Last night didn't quite turn out as I'd expected (solo wine and a movie I mean) I was so tired from the previous 5 nights at work, that I fell asleep in front of the computer (now that hasn't happened in a long time!). Best laid plans eh? Squeak squeak.

My Dad was unwell today. I know we don't get on, and I don't even think he likes me, but I was really worried when I found out. He is 77, and won't be around for ever. I've tried to make inroads, but we are so different, it usually ends up in an argument, so silence is more the norm. Ho hum.

I watched "Elephant" tonight, it's been sitting on my shelf a long time, and I only picked it up because of it's short running time. It offers no answers (to school shootings that is) but it's a powerful piece. It has so much "space", it's like peering into a real world for 80 minutes. There is no set up as such, no heroes, no conflict to be resolved, no three acts. Things just "happen". Try and catch it on FilmFour sometime (I imagine it's the type of thing they show - I can't remember the last time I watched an actual broadcast show - Doctor Who I suppose...)

Oh well that's it then.

(Maybe someone will actually leave a comment here! I've had a boatload of visitors recently, but who are they...?)



“Don't celebrate a holiday before it arrives”


No comments: