Wednesday 6 August 2008

“The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.”
- Mark Twain

"When you're young you find inspiration
In anyone who's ever gone
And opened up a closing door"



I've just watched a DVD (whoop-de and indeed whoo!). I have far too many, and sometimes I take so long trying to decide, I often give up and go and look at the Internet for another few hours. I've been buying DVDs since 1998, my first player was $400 from Sears in the Florida Mall in Orlando. I must have a couple of thousand now.


Anyhow to drag myself back on (intended) topic - I watched "The Incredible Shrinking Man".
Now don't laugh, your initial response may be to dismiss it as a cheap throwaway 50's B movie, but it isn't. Over 50 years old now, it's aged remarkably well. The special effects are great, acting solid, and while the concept may sound a little cheesy, the story is engrossing, a little creepy, and ultimately quite moving.
Of course the discerning amongst you might think that the story of a Man who gradually disappears (literally and figuratively) from the view of society and family, ultimately struggling to survive, trapped in his once comfortable home, may have more than a little resonance for your Author ! - well you know what you can do with your well observed comparisons don't you?



“You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear” - Mark Twain


No comments: