Saturday 2 August 2008

“Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.”

"With your new shoes and your black moods
You really break my heart"

Let the random outpourings begin...
I start my night shift next week (and you know how much I hate night shift don't you?), plus through a series of unlucky coincidences I won't see my daughter Billie, for around two weeks. She's actually off to London for a few days next week, for her first visit. I haven't been since I lived there back in the eighties, and I never really had even the slightest inkling to return.

My mood's no better I'm afraid. Some days are better than others, but today I feel so tired. so pointless and so very very old. It's not a midlife crisis, I had that years ago, it's more the dawn of realisation!

I've been listening to so much music the past week or two. I usually spend a LOT of time listening , but that was too much!( TV has bored me recently, maybe I overloaded on "Due South", watching the first two seasons in about a week and a half!).

Nothing effects the mood more than music, well maybe wine, women and song. Funny how our tastes change as we age. When I was younger , I would have dismissed some of my current favourites as old fashioned, but quality lasts. I've always favoured the female voice, and at the moment I'm particularly fond of Joni Mitchell (especially the Travelogue and Both Sides now albums, I love the orchestra) and Tori Amos. I bought Tori Amos' first album on release, but only recently caught up with her back catalogue.
Of course my favourite female artist is Sandie Shaw (you thought I was going to say Shirley Manson , didn't you?) - Anyhow, I've no point to make and I'm "tangenting" like a crazy man - I'm off.



“Midlife — when you decide not to kill yourself because you realize you are going to die anyway.”



No comments: