Wednesday 27 July 2011

“We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.”

- George Bernard Shaw

I'm just a little bit drunk, and a whole lot tired. A long stretch at work over, and I'll hopefully see Billie tomorrow for the first time in a couple of weeks.

I've nothing much to say. Oh - It would've been my 25th wedding anniversary on Monday, if that's of any interest. I've no regrets, really, but that's the kind of date that sticks in the mind I suppose.

I had what seemed like a whole week of nightmares last week. Maybe nightmares is a little strong, unsettling dreams maybe, and maybe week is a little strong too, 3 or 4 nights, I think. Anyway the past couple of days I've simply been too knackered and miserable to let such trifles bother me. In other self pitying news, I don't think I've ever quite been so broke. It's pay day this week, but alas, that only gives a brief illusion of a reprieve, by the time Messrs Direct and Debit come a calling I'll be back in the same watery vessel I find myself in now (boat, I mean boat!!! see?).


Breaking Bad continues to impress, Game of Thrones is actually rather good. The rest, for now at least, is silence...



“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.”


No comments: