Friday 1 July 2011

"Don't worry, I've never heard of me either."
- Jim Gaffigan

A lovely day, warm sunshine, the day after payday, yet I feel utterly miserable. I went for a walk around the town centre this afternoon, killing time until I picked Billie up from school (and dropped her at home literally five minutes later, take what you can get eh?)
I bought some most excellent second hand CD's, my ipods shuffle function was making some wonderful musical choices, but looking around at all the happy faces, I suddenly felt completely and utterly alone.
Everyone was going somewhere, to do something, and most alarmingly, with someone

Boy, do I feel lonely.

It used to be that the role of "parent" filled that void, but now, with a 15 year old daughter,  that role is almost honorary (I imagine a slight return of demand in a few years - here's hoping). I really have no (honestly) social contact outside of working hours. Most of the time that's okay, but now and again, well I've explained above what I feel.

What a misery guts!


TV highlights of the week, the slightly baffling return of "True Blood", and a marvellous surprise in Johnny Depps' "Rango", and finally, the "hope it doesn't get cancelled, just as I'm getting into it" show of the moment, "Falling Skies".

Note to self - buy less CD's! 



"Isn't it strange -- when you're single, all you see is couples, and when you're part of a couple, all you see are hookers."  - Jim Gaffigan


No comments: