Monday 4 December 2006

Feeling better now?


Boy, that guy below needs to cheer up! Sorry for that self indulgence, are blogs meant to be cathartic? I suppose they are what you want them to be.

Let me recommend something cheerful. The Beiderbecke Trilogy, that marvellous 80's show , has just been re-released on DVD. Starring ex likely lad James Bolam (who although born in Sunderland, and starring in two of the most Iconic Geordie TV shows, namely "Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads" and "when the boat comes in", doesn't seem very fond of the North-East. - Beiderbecke is set in Leeds, practically the Midlands from where I sit!).
It's rather expensive at the moment, but as soon as it drops below £20 I shall have it! I just love the "matter of factness" of this show, the characters and the wit!

No comments: