Saturday 9 December 2006

...in which I watch Television


It's cold. After a very long shift at work, I was sitting , avec blanket in front of the TV ( I almost never watch anything as it's broadcast ) I decided to watch "The Aristocrats" which has been on the pvr for weeks . Well what can I say it was hilarious. Perfect for the crappy mood I was in ( actually that's the mood that I spend most of my time in ). I am not easily offended, and this movie didn't offend me, but it's not one to watch with Mom. I laughed and laughed and laughed (for some reason especially at the mime !)

I finally was able to buy American Gothic box set on DVD. It's one of those lost TV gems that at least had one full season (Firefly!) Like many of the best TV shows (The Avengers, The Prisoner, My name is Earl)it exists in a Universe of it's own, with it's own weird internal logic. It's eerie rather than scary and it's a crying shame that it never had a chance to develop (Firefly!).

No comments: