Wednesday 3 January 2007

Dedicated follower of Fashion

Ok - this is more observation than moaning, thanks to recent advice I'm trying to stay positive and upbeat (it won't last). Young people huh! The more they try to be different the more they stay the same. The currently popular uniform , or one of them at least, is thus. For the ladies a jaunty baker boy hat, preferably knitted , at the most obtuse angle on the head. tight jeans with or without pirate style huge turn-ups. stiletto boots , and maybe a white parka , but it must expose the midriff (surely defeating the purpose of the parka) and have a huge white fur trim. Of course there are variations on a theme - the emo/goth/mod light influences are there for those that think they present an "alternative" face of youth ( don't ya just love striped knees length socks - no ones ever thought of that before eh?- exception of course Shirley Manson , who can do no wrong in my {rose coloured} eyes) and the ever so ironic Ramones/Blondie/Clash/Stones t-shirts (which make saddo old geezers like myself look wierd if we own such an item - do ya think in 30 years they'll be wearing Artic Monkey or Fall out boy shirts? - no neither do I)
Hang on you say! whats the groovy young fella wearing these days, Italian influenced single breasted suits with a hint of the Edwardian , and winkle picker Chelsea boots (I wish - that's me aged 18!!) no he cannot be seen about town without sportswear! and lots of it!! plus the regulation baseball cap , tipped back on the head at a jaunty and intimidating angle. At least girls are a little interesting , the male youth of today is monosyllabic, boorish and knows naught of current affairs, history, and don't get me started on pop culture - a guy I work with asked me who Andy Warhol was the other day!!! - I ask you!!

Perfect old geezer signing off.

No comments: