Sunday 14 January 2007

The Doors of Perception / Drive my car !

Have you ever had a relative or acquaintance buy a new car, and then suddenly the roads are full of them? My friend Claire, although geographically distant, has a Black Ford Ka, and since I found out this fact, I seem to be surrounded by them, I passed two parked on my brief trip home from work tonight. It's all about perception I suppose, the same instinct that allows a parent to hear a crying child at 4am, but ignore a police car siren whizzing by. It's also the effect that makes our days off, however boring, zip by , and work days last forever. Sadly this means that the most pleasurable times of our lives, are perceived as the shortest - Sad! (although thinking back all those years to my wedding perhaps not so sad - well it seemed happy at the time!)
Remember kids - just say no (to proposals at least)

No comments: