Wednesday 6 June 2007

"I got food poisoning today. I don't know when I'll use it" (funny eh?)

Sent home from work again ! well kind of. When I got to work today I was amazed to see that there was actually seven of us on duty, seven is an abundance for my ward. We take all the emergency admissions, so it varies from busy to "oh my god, will it never end!". The biggest pressure we have is getting people in from A/E (that's the ER to our friends overseas) as due to ridiculous government rules, a bed must be found in a certain time frame, by hook or by crook! I could probably rant about this for an eternity, but back to my "story".
If we have plenty of staff on duty, inevitably the Matron will move one of us to another ward to help out (ironically - this usually puts is back in then er.. stuff) , so being a kindly soul, I volunteered to take one for the team, and took a days holiday. Ain't I great? my sacrifice means my colleagues won't be moved (which we all dread, I mean really dread - but that, as they say, is another story).

I love Client, I was going to post the Adam and the Ants original version too , but I can only link to it on youtube:

link to "Zerox" on youtube (obviously!)


"Sponges grow in the ocean. I wonder how much deeper they'd be if that didn't happen ?" - Steven Wright (of course)


No comments: