Wednesday 9 July 2008

“The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow.”
H.G.Wells

"I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again!"


Hurrah, this is post 365!
That's one inconsequential piece of nonsense for each day of the year (save leap years of course). Thought I'd better stop by to let you (me) know what's been happening, so bye then! (the implication being nothing is happening see? well do you punk?). Remember that bit in "The Time Machine" movie (the Rod Taylor one, not the Guy Pearce one) where he first travels forward in time, and the sun begins to speed up eventually becoming a blur? Well that's how thing seem at the moment, one day blurring into another. And by a bizarre coincidence when I went out to work this morning, I discovered that society had become segregated into a poor uneducated underclass, who do all the work, and an idle rich who enjoy the spoils, so no change there then ! (ah satire!)

“In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it.” - H.G. Wells again


No comments: