Wednesday 23 July 2008

“I don't say that we ought to all misbehave, but we ought to look as if we could.”
- Orson Welles

"I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour,
drinking milk shakes cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine,
dont think You knew you were in this song"

My Daughter has been staying with me for the past few days, it's been a welcome change from my newly instated isolationist grumpdom. It seems we are really birds of feather, this morning we just sat around on adjacent computers, vegging out , nipping out later for a Pizza and a brief look at the wonderful Sunshine (it's nearly midnight and its still 25 degrees - indoors at least).
She went out to a preteen disco last night and I felt all the protective Dad instincts coming out, but I wrestled them under control, well mostly. She wouldn't give me a kiss when I picked her up (in case her nearby friends thought it was "uncool")! It's funny really, practically a sitcom plot in itself).

I watched the end of "Flight of The Conchords" - Sublime, and tonight I finally got around to watching "Shoot em up" in which Clive Owen practically rehashes his "Sin City" performance (but I love Sin City), but nevertheless it was fun, Canadian, and gloriously silly (and short).

I'm broke, as it's a five week month, so "The Dark Knight" will have to wait until next week, and as you know it's my must see movie of the entire year (and since I average about 1 cinema trip a year, that's pretty important.) I only wish I could see it on an Imax screen, but I live in an has-been country with about 6 screens in the whole damn country.

"She's so hot she's making me sexist"...



“I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.”



No comments: