Friday 25 July 2008

“We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.”

"And there's nowt that I can bid ye
But that peace and love gan with ye
Never mind wherever call the fates
Away from Hexhamshire"

I wish I could adequately convey a series of discontented sighs, disinterested mumblings and "so what" shoulder shrugs through some sort of onomatopoeia and audio-visual extravaganza , but you'll just have to imagine won't you?
to other matters...
Well my daughter was certainly in a grumpy mood when she arrived first thing this morning. We basically spent the whole day doing even less than yesterday, she couldn't think of a thing she wanted to do, and I wasn't exactly helping. I worry about my parenting skills, mostly worrying if I actually have any?

Still can't shrug off my malaise. I don't feel unhappy or miserable, just numb and detached. I also can't seem to find any real joy or pleasure in anything. You should never seek solace in drink of course, but I had some wine last night and it just made me even more contemplative. But enough of this wallowing. Time for some frozen pizza and a bath, work in the morning.
Goodnight chums... (by the way I shall thaw out the pizza first)




“A man's interest in the world is only the overflow of his interest in himself” - George Bernard Shaw


No comments: