Tuesday 19 May 2009

"Enemy fighters at two o'clock!"
"Roger. What should I do until then?"

"There's a touch upon my lips,
Left by memory's fingertips,

I still hear her voice,
When there's no sound."

Strange old day. Not as strange as last night however. I mentioned that everything is seeming very flat (for want of a better word) to me recently. Last night, however , this feeling was worse than ever. I felt like I was going through the motions, I couldn't find interest in anything, I was so antsy and frankly bored with myself that I went to bed before 11pm - unheard of!

I always listen to music or more usually comedy Cd's, to get to sleep, and they play all night. Last night it seemed to be influencing my dreams. I had an mp3 compilation of Mitch Hedburg, Emo Philips and Bill Hicks amongst others, and the topics discussed were influencing my dreams, in quite a strange way. The basic dream itself was taking place in Vancouver (as they quite often do), but this external source was having quite a surreal effect on the events therein. I woke up feeling very sad, and even more immobilised than ever. Thankfully it was my day off. Why this is something to be thankful for, escapes me completely. At the moment I dislike everything, especially myself.

Why was the day strange?? well that doesn't really matter now...



“Often it takes some calamity to make us live in the present. Then suddenly we wake up and see all the mistakes we have made.” - Bill Watterson



No comments: