Monday 4 May 2009

“They do certainly give very strange, and newfangled, names to diseases.”
- Plato

"We came down from the north
Blue hands and a torch
Red wine and food for free
A possibility"


Well your old pal is on holiday. How does this differ from his usual days off? so far, not at all.
I left it much too late to go anywhere, as in not booking.
I had quite the penchant to return to Glasgow, but there were no trains available. I had a look at foreign travel - but there were only beach holidays, and that's not for me, especially alone.
Next time I shall plan in advance and actually do something! (honest , just you see...)

I can see the next week in my mind and how it will play out, and so can you dear reader, so can you...

I was all grumpy and dour at work the other day (imagine). The was a student nurse next to me reading an old old text book. she told me there was some poems in the back, handwritten nonsense. I recognised the writing as my ex-wife's, and there were pages of handwritten peri-teenage scribblings, some quite revealing. My reaction was to tear out the pages and destroy them, more down to dramatic gestures than any real indignation, but that was a weird coincidence eh?
(actually not so,I took a big pile of old books in about 10 years ago, they were old even then, but you had a kind of Rod Serling moment there didn't you?).
I saw Billie very briefly today. Her Mams Sister/Husband and children are staying and that means I am immediately fluffed out. Ain't I special?
This week I have mostly been watching Moonlighting



(you know until tonight I always thought this was 'A Certain Ratio' original, turns out its not a new wave classic, but a northern soul stomper!)

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”- Plato





No comments: