Wednesday 27 May 2009

“I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it”

Again Billy is mightily miffed.
Just typical teenage shenanigans, but when you are as solitary and lonely as myself, you tend to get over dependent on the contacts you do have.
Billie was supposed to be spending the day with me, then sleeping over. Last night this was changed via a late phonecall to just the evening. She'd call me today with the details.
I finally gave up waiting for her to call at 5pm, and rang her instead. By a 'remarkable' coincidence she was 'just about' to ring me and tell me she wasn't coming at all. Spooky timing eh? (I hope you can detect the sarcasm)
And now for the first time in years she hasn't rang me to say goodnight , another coincidence? I do hope so. I'd rather have a forgetful child than an inconsiderate one (although I suspect I may end up with both).
Goodnight, at least from me...





“If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again.” - Groucho Marx

No comments: