Wednesday 20 May 2009

“Oh, for God's sake . . . get a life, will you?

"Riding on their armchairs,
They dream of wealth and fame,
Fear is their companion,
Nintendo is their game."


briefly
,
Ongoing existential crisis - check.
But in other news ;

I went to the cinema (for the first time since the Dark Knight, I ask you) today to see Star Trek.
I was the first in the cinema (11am) and thankfully was only joined by about 6 other well behaved patrons.
The film itself was wonderful, a joyful old fashion romp, that has simultaneously re-invigorated and re-invented the whole franchise (and boy had it got stale).
My favourite bits - McCoy and Scotty (the latter, of course originally played by a Canadian, just like Kirk, and is now portrayed by an Englishman.)
The whole premise, a stroke of genius. Keeping the die hard fans happy with the alternate timeline bit.
What on earth was Winona Rider doing in this movie though. There are plenty of really middle aged actresses, with much more gravitas. Honestly I was rather pleased when she was killed off!

That's plenty.



I have tinnitus, and it nearly drove me to suicide.
- that's me speaking by the way, not Mr.Shatner

"And yes, I've gone where no man has gone before, but I was in Mexico and her father gave me permission! My name is William Shatner, and I am Canadian!"

No comments: