Saturday 24 March 2007

“An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.”

Arriving for a late shift at work, It transpired that I would be the only qualified Nurse on duty. Our Ward Sister had had a bizarre falling off chair arm breaking episode, and another colleague had some unmentionable malady. The Shift was pretty busy, with plenty of admissions. I only mention any of this because I'd just seen "300" the night before. I chuckled to myself everytime a new admission arrived (resisting the urge to shout "Spartans" in a Scottish accent everytime!) , OK I wasn't holding off a million Persians, but it made me smile.
Incidently it was a most excellent film. I even posted my first myspace bulletin about it!


Here it is :

OK it's part rock video
OK it's homoerotic
OK it doffs it's cap to gladiator (and sin city)!
OK it's tongue is firmly in it's cheek

but for a movie full of death, death and more death! it's strangely life affirming.

In a fractured world ,it depicts a united few,
It is surely the modern succesor to the epic poem,
but ultimately it's entertainment, and at least partly a wonderful true story.

Go see it! - tell 'em I sent ya'

(oh by the way I'm talking about "300" - and Gerard Butler is Kingly but remains magnificently Scottish!!!!!)



(thats something new - the quote of the day is from me!)

No comments: