Friday 12 October 2007

“"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop”

Just passing by...

I am the master of good intentions. My days off follow roughly the same pattern. Starting with optimism, putting off the useful stuff until later, and ending with regret that the useful stuff was never achieved. Ho hum!

It seems that British actors with "American" accents are the flavour (or should that be flavor?) of the moment.
First we had Hugh Laurie in "House", and now Kevin McKidd in "Journeyman", and Damien Lewis in "Life". All high concept set ups (well kind of, journeyman reminds me of a strange Quantum Leap/ Charmed hybrid - the main character appears to live next door to the Halliwells [a quick "google" confirmed this suspicion]in a strangely flat San Francisco suburb - ie Los Angeles, and is obviously influenced by "The Time Traveler's Wife") {that was a bloody long sentence!}. As yet I've only seen the first episode of Life, I'll get back to you on that one.



I wish it was still like this - people seem a whole lot ruder and stupider these days.


“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then” - Lewis Carroll


No comments: