Wednesday 31 October 2007

eight days a week...(almost)

Er... day seven of eight down. A half day tomorrow then Friday and I'm off. It's really quite exciting isn't it?

The Witch hunts are over at work (at least for the moment). To mix my metaphors, when the smoke cleared I was still standing! (by which I mean ... for now I'm staying on my own Ward). I don't know if I'm relieved, six months ago I would have punched the air, frozen, and let the credits roll... today it's not quite so clear cut. This place is damn stressful, but whatever happens I can wave goodbye to some beloved colleagues (plus a silver lining of one less than beloved colleague ...!)

I watched the final episode of Heroes (well season 1 at least) last night and it was great! Of course the show is hackneyed in places, but it has some wonderfully fresh ideas, and I especially loved the redemption of Mr. Bennett (anyone remember Mr. Bennett the caretaker in Take Hart - that's the BBC kids show not the "meet my boss - she's gorgeous" one - no ? just me then?)



“Not to mince words, Mr Epstein, we don't like your boys' sound. Groups of guitarists are on the way out.”



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Bennett was the single most annoying character on TV .... hated him with a passion, although to be fair not as much as i detest sian lloyd these days !

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic time in Canada !!

Anonymous said...

There was also a robot version of him called Mr BenTen! (I believe there is a kids show called benten on TV now - no! not right at this minute, don't look!)

Thanks for you kind wishes!