Wednesday 24 October 2007

“What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?”

My Mam found some old photo's today. It seems that there are a few pictures of me in existence (prior to my awful Wedding photo's that is). I've uploaded them to my Flickr account . If you are desperate enough to look there's the hyperlink for you (also available in the links section).

Nothing unusual about them but there was a strange generational connection, there I am as a small boy , and then as a Father. My other siblings in the group photo, are all parents now too (or about to be). The circle of life eh? Without getting deep in any way (what me?) all our lives are so transient and ultimately insignificant, isn't it sad that some people have to remain lonely, and others dedicate their all to short tenure on the planet to the destruction and misery of others - go figure!

(that was strangely meaningful wasn't it? what's up with him??)

Back to work tomorrow for eight solid days (so it begins - see I told you so!)




Sparks are great!



Two quotes for you today:

“We seek pitifully to convey to others the treasures of our heart, but they have not the power to accept them, and so we go lonely, side by side but not together, unable to know our fellows and unknown by them” - William Somerset Maugham


(I think I may have used that quote before - so what I suppose?)


Calvin: Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man? Hobbes: I'm not sure that man needs the help”




How come I never get a Google alert about my page, despite all these Shirley Manson mentions?

Shirley Manson, Shirley Manson , Shirley Manson (just giving the automatic trawling software something to pick up !)

No comments: