Saturday 20 October 2007

“If I can't dance - I don't want to be part of your revolution” **

Back again ... and so soon. I just recalled being alerted (by my brother Frank - thank you) to this clip which features an 18 year old me dancing (when I say features I actually mean one or two frames of the back of my head or profile - yes folks, I had one back in '83). This clip isn't from youtube but stage6, where although not as much choice, the quality and speed is much better.

(you may have to download a plug-in, I'm to the right of the picture with thick lustrous long hair and a chin)



Back in '83 It was my post new romantic period, goth lite proto emo phase - it didn't last long - but I loved Electro music, those "streetsound" vinyl compilations were fantastic! (ask your adidas/streetdancing wearing parents, kids)


“Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.” - Anon ( a very prolific author)

** Emma Goldman - early 20th century anarchist, but also quoted in a Sophie Ellis-Bextor song which is very very good


No comments: