Monday 1 October 2007

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”

Hey it's a year since I started "writing" this blog. That led to reconnecting with my old friend Claire, she soon vanished, but not before starting my brief flirtation with Myspace. And then I found the wonderful Barbara. Isn't the Internet fantastic?
Such a new and totally unique way of connecting with other human beings, remember the days of penpals!!! However the old blog is still here and although somewhat neglected it will always have a special place in my heart. It used to be that I got in from work, and in lieu of any human contact, I would "complain" at the screen! Now it's like an old relative that you pop into visit now and again, only to be told the same stories you heard the last time you were there! Anyway this ol' blog and the sublime lastfm, remain my favourite places in cyberspace.

I've started watching "Twin Peaks" for the first time since it's broadcast (YES! I did buy the VHS version in the 90's but never got around to watching them again! - what can I say?) and I must say that for once, time has not been cruel. It is still as fresh ,funny and genuinely unsettling as I remember, and has one of the best TV soundtracks ever! and although Sheryl Lee probably looks better now than back in 1990, I'd forgotten how attractive the female cast was, especially Sherilyn Fenn and Lara Flynn Boyle - but enough of my half remembered twenty something lustings.

I'm listening to the Beatles "Love" Album at the moment ( I finally bought it! - £5 for the CD/DVD-A version , a steal!) - That means I now have all the Beatles "original" albums, apart from the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, if you see what I mean. Anyway, apart from being a masterpiece of production, it reminded me of how much I want to see the Cirque de Soleil show in Las Vegas. I've always wanted to visit Las Vegas, I love that disposable trashy side of American er.. "culture" and that show gives me one more reason to visit it's holy city!

Billy has left the building...




“Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.” - Philip K. Dick

No comments: