Sunday 6 January 2008

“Somebody's boring me." he said " I think it's me.”

I suppose everyone thinks their family is dysfunctional? Well don't you?
I don't have much of a social life, if I'm not at work or sitting here, then I'm taking my daughter to school, or sitting at my mother's house.
Due to his bad luck, and a little stupidity, my brother is living there too,. I always look forward to seeing him but he remains as elusive as a will o' the wisp. I've even offered him cash to do some diy for me (I just get so, well, lethargic on my days off - hey it's a stressful job!) but he remains as mysterious as ever! Okay enough moaning!

I'm in the middle of a Twin Peaks marathon. I had the whole thing on VHS but never got around to it. Then I bought the first season on DVD, and started to watch it, only to realise that the only way to see the second season would be to watch my old VHS tapes (it was never released in The UK). Thankfully Barbara came to my rescue, and bought me the wonderful Region 1 boxed set. It's great, and so is she! Thanks again Barbara.


Something else Barbara "turned me onto" is the delights of "Jim Beam" which prior to this was only a reference in a Blues Brothers song. I bought a bottle in Sainsbury's earlier this week (on sale - of course) and it's delightful! Barbara - Salut! Skål ! Here's tae ye! Chin chin ! Sláinte !



“An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.” - Dylan Thomas


No comments: