Thursday 3 January 2008

“Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.”

Blimey it's 2008. Doesn't feel much different does it? I'm not in a very chatty mood today, so I'll be brief, I just found myself with a few minutes (like that's a rare! occurrence).
It was undoubtedly the busiest Christmas and New Year I can recall (that's in work terms, not my hectic social engagements). It used to be that we had a handful of patients, a little Christmas music, a selection of calorific snacks, and only a few staff covering the ward (we are NOT allowed to take holiday over Christmas, as this would apparently be unfair to our colleagues who didn't get holiday - therefore no one gets any) as a few lieu days are handed out, and the workload is usually lighter. You've already guessed that it was super busy, and I won't bore you with the details. On Boxing Day I was really ill, nothing serious just a high temperature, runny nose sore throat, aching limbs, "swimmy" head kind of deal (and no it couldn't have been the flu as I had the jab!) but I am so scared of having another "sickness interview" (see bad back saga from last year) that I dragged myself in. Good job too as there was only a total of three Nurses on duty, for a full ward of 27 patients, all recent emergency admissions.
AND yesterday, the Chief Matron took me into the office to tell me that my shoes are unsuitable and against uniform policy!!!!
So I'm off to buy some new shoes today!



(hang on! this was going to be brief wasn't it? - well at least I typed it quickly!)

“Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling alley”


No comments: