Friday 4 January 2008

“Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?”

Hey Hey - I put up my shelves! Barbara is right it does feel good to achieve something! It energised me through the rest of the snowy day. Oh it was truly desolate, dark, cold, and snowing! A lone figure shuffling through it all in a parka.

You'd think from the news today that we'd never had a winter before! Every year it's the same "It January and it's SNOWING!" big story eh? In fact local news here in the North East bugs me, the way that local interest fluff is jammed between serious news that is handled so basely and with such atrocious diction and grammar (these people are journalists apparently, words are their trade!), or a tenous local connection is shoehorned into a story of national or international importance! . Thank goodness for BBC Radio 4 - the best Radio Station in the World !

(I didn't start out to rant! it just ended up that way! - honest)

This week I have really enjoyed "A Scanner Darkly" on DVD (the book freaked me out when I was about 17) and rediscovering the genius of Twin Peaks! I was disappointed with the "Still Game" Christmas and Hogmanay Specials - oh they were very funny , but much like series 6 , they didn't match the genius of seasons 1 to 5.

I've never mentioned it here before, but I really wish "Journeyman" had made it to a full season. It wasn't especially groundbreaking, but it was well written, intriguing, and well acted, how many shows can say that these days?



Bye!

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.” - Bill Watterson

No comments: