Tuesday 23 June 2009

“The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.”
- Orson Welles

"But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on ev'ryone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way"


Just as I knew I would be, I'm already bored with my holiday, and it's only the second day. Of course it is so so much more preferable to actually being at work, I am not completely mad (am I? it's hard to be objective with no other adults in my life!).
Because of the early sunrise (I think) I am waking up at about 5am everyday. In fact all last week and this I've been getting up early, on my bloody days off! Also lack of interest has been sending me to bed earlier and earlier, the appeal of being a tortured soul at 4am seems very distant and pointless now (but so does pretty much everything).

I've actually lost a bit of weight over the past month. I've only been eating at mealtimes, and have bought no crisps, sweets and so on (if they aren't there, I simply cannot eat them). This has annoyed Billie somewhat though, as it consequently means nothing for her to stuff into her face.
I also haven't shaved for a few weeks, and have taken on the appearance of the type of fella you cross the street to avoid. I was amazed at how white my beard has become since the last time I grew it. Until recently I didn't really feel 'old', but the evidence is stacking up isn't it kids?

It's 10am, what does the day ahead have in store for Billy?
(postcards or sealed envelopes to the usual address)




“The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it.” - Doris Day


No comments: