Tuesday 30 June 2009

“If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.”
- Lord Byron

Well well well.
I have to post something tonight, as tomorrow I shall be 'extra' miserable about my return to work, and tonight I am under the influence of an whole bottle of wine (actually contrary to your initial reaction, this is a lot less regular than once it twas).
As predicted, my 'holiday' amounted to a whole lotta nothing. On the upside however, I do feel a lot more relaxed. Bored a little, but relaxed definitely.
I'm also feeling very very nostalgic. I looked through a few hundred photos earlier tonight. The photos of Vancouver almost brought me to tears, and I discovered a couple of photos of Andreas visit a couple of years ago, and it made me recall what a good friend I lost. I am an altogether unlikeable fella. Sometimes even I can't stand my company.

On a slightly pleasanter note, my lovely new projector has meant that I've watched a whole lot of films in the past week, around two a day in fact (that's a lot for me). I finally got around to watching 'Mamma Mia' last night, on blu ray no less, and while I had a few niggles with the film (the Direction and Pearce Brosnan/Julie Walters amongst others) the songs and fun were wonderful. I then spent all today listening to ABBA Cd's (I own them all).

Billie has been unwell, and consequently spent the last two days with me, I think she will be back at school tomorrow. Amazing how much effort she can put into chatting online, and how little into chatting to those in the room with her.
I enjoyed it, but I feel a little stir Crazy after being in the house for two hot humid days.

I really want another drink now,as the drunken buzz is starting to wear off, oh the confessions I was going to make, declarations of lost love, the embarrassing squirmy stuff that seems to define me.

If only...
If only ...
if only ...




“Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication.” - Lord Byron


No comments: