Thursday 11 December 2008

“A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts”

"I will meet you in Toronto, we will have some bread and wine,
With the green grass for a table in a park beyond your mind."


My my this is post 450, what an empty, fruitless and ultimately pointless journey it has been.

I have (rather predictably) just consumed a whole bottle of Australian Merlot, it's 1am, and that means a drunken rambling blog post - woo and indeed hoo!

I'm on holiday next week , I'm also stoney broke due to that roof.
When I booked that weeks holiday many many of your months ago, in the back of my mind I had some kind of half baked plan about going to Canada. Originally I'd envisioned a wonderful pre-Christmas reunion week with Barbara, but as that gradually became more and more the realm of fantasy, I had the twilight fantasy of turning up , unannounced, on her doorstep - you eediot!.
I'm only telling you this now, because it's never going to happen, and Barbara don't come round these parts any more (plus of course the tongue loosening wine!). - I may be drunk, but at least my spelling is gud! -
Barbara loves Christmas, and I mean really, really adores it!
...and I never did get to see her Christmas Village video (that may sound flippant, but it is heartfelt, I assure you).

Happy December the 11th !



(I've been listening to a lot of John Barry)


“What is said when drunk has been thought out beforehand”
- Flemish proverb

No comments: