Friday 19 December 2008

“You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help ”

"I guess I should have stayed in bed,
My pillow wrapped 'round my head.
Instead of waking up to find

A nightmare of a different kind."

I got up just after 5am, damn my rebellious arms!
The best thing about getting up so early is the feeling that you've found some secret extra time in the day. The worst thing is falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon.
It was a most unremarkable day, any less interesting and it would be yesterday.

I did get a strange silent phone call just before 11pm. I never get phone calls (this is a true fact, not braggadocio), except one a day from Billie to say goodnight. If it was a wrong number, they would have surely said, or am I assigning good manners that don't exist anymore?

Anyway back to the treading of water that I call a life...




"As you can see, I have memorized this utterly useless piece of information long enough to pass a test question. I now intend to forget it forever. You've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system. Congratulati
ons."

- Calvin (from Bill Wattersons, 'Calvin and Hobbes')







No comments: