Monday 15 December 2008

“The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory”

"she tied you to her kitchen chair,
she broke your throne and she cut your hair"


I had my hair cut about three weeks ago - and it was awful! I looked like Robert Wagner in Prince Valiant (go google image search!).
Today I could take no more, and went to get it cut again. I tried somewhere different, a very nice chatty lady cut my hair and it's certainly the first time any one's mentioned 'Slipknot' whilst cutting my hair! However she went a bit wild! this is the shortest my hair has been for about 5 years! It looks okay, but it is far from what I wanted, oh well.

In even more mundane occurrences, I'm continuing my twice weekly physiotherapy sessions. fifteen minutes under a shortwave pulse machine, then another twenty or so in the physio gym. The usefulness of my left shoulder is actually improving, I can now almost tie aprons again (Nurses wear a lot of aprons!). Sadly my recently snow injured right arm is giving me more in the way of pain/discomfort. I have almost full strength back in the hand, but the arm aches constantly and rotational movement is still very painful. But everyday brings a little improvement. If only minds could heal so easily!




“You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair” - Chinese Proverb



No comments: